Wednesday 6 May 2009

The Best Job in the World

I'm only posting quickly this evening, as my tiredness from travelling all weekend seems to have caught up with me, and I've go a persistent migraine. There are times when my miracle tablets have no effect, and unfortunately; this is one of those days.

But before I do I thought this was worth a mention:

A British man has been chosen to be the new caretaker of Hamilton Island, off the coast of Australia.

He will live there for six months from 1st July, in a three bedroom villa equipped with a private pool, ocean views and even his own golf buggy.

Ben Southall's new job requires him to explore the islands of the Great Barrier Reef, swim, snorkel, make friends with the locals and generally enjoy the tropical Queensland climate and lifestyle. I don't know about you, but I could do that job.

It's been dubbed "the best job in the world", and it generated much interest the world over, having over 130,000 applicants. And since the job is part time, asking a mere 12-hour working month, the salary equates to an astonishing £972 (US $1,462) an hour. It gets better and better!

1 comment:

deeps said...

i hope by now you have regained your strenth and spirit and back to delightful mood ...

wow! thats a fablous job!!!
just wondering if any more chance open !! ;-)