Monday 10 August 2009

If You're Going to be Passionate...

If you're going to be passionate about something, be passionate about learning;
If you're going to fight something, fight for those in need;
If you're going to question something, question authority;
If you're going to lose something, lose your inhibitions;
If you're going to gain something, gain respect and confidence;
If you're going to hate something, hate the false idea that you are not capable of your dreams.
- Anonymous


Rachel's blog, "And If It's A Hero That You Want; I Can Save You", is my new obsession. I love watching out for her new posts, and I love hearing what she's getting up to. If you visit her blog (and I recommend you do), you will see that she has the above quotation in her title.

I heart this quote, because it makes me think. It encourages you to think beyond your immediate surroundings; to ponder things beyond the bubble in which you live your life. To remember that we are part of something bigger, and that "something bigger" shouldn't be forgotten.

I also think that every time you read this, you will take away something that you hadn't seen before. If you apply just one thing to your life; it will make you a better person; and no matter how good we think we are; there is always room for improvement.

This past weekend was very constructive for me. Not because I did something out of the ordinary, but because I simply took the time to reflect upon my life. I've emerged on this fine Monday morning, realising that any problems you might face at work, shouldn't have to impact your life. When I go home in the evenings, I switch off and I live my life; the life which I work so many hours to maintain.

I spend time with my family, with my husband, with friends and by myself. It is what I choose to do outside of work that shapes me as a person, defines me, and fills up the pages of the photo albums I cherish so much.

Work is work, and work worries should be left at the office when 5pm comes along. Outside of the office, I am me. No amount of mindless bickering in the office can change that.

I hope to remember this in the future, but for now; I'm back at work, and I'm determined to have a good day.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you like it so much! :)