Tuesday 23 June 2009

Confetti!

I never thought I'd be allowed to set off two confetti canons without a good reason. Alas, the time came and I had a lot of fun!

It's a weird moment when you realise you've spent forty minutes online comparing the price of shredded paper/dried petals, but I suppose it needs to be done at some point. I've also come to the realisation that I'm going to have to shell out for it anyway, so I'm better off just buying it and dealing with it.

I went confetti shopping yesterday after work and came back with a varied bunch of types. Half of them are packs that you can see into, but the confetti canons had to be subjected to rigorous tests before they were put to use. Not prepared to create havoc in our own home, we headed to a secluded place nearby and had loads of fun shooting them at each other (well, they came in multipacks, what were we supposed to do??). It turns out, the confetti canons were made primarily of foil, which I'm sure the ceremony venue will hate if it doesn't disintegrate in the rain.

So after a lot of playing around, we've settled on these rice paper versions:

I know; not very exciting, but they are cut into bell and horseshoe shapes! (I reckon they charge you extra for that), but it's the best I can find on the High Street, and unfortunately with 11 days until said "big day", I can't really buy anything online, in case it doesn't arrive in time.

Still, consider our wedding confetti'd. I'm ashamed to say I actually dreamt about confetti last night - how sad is that?!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the new layout of your blog!
And yes you can go ahead and use that quote. I am not the author of that quote, nor have I been able to successfully figure out who is! If you'd like to reference my blog you may! Thanks so much!

You must be getting VERY excited for your wedding! I'm excited for you (forgive me, I've turned into a HUGE girl and go Ga-Ga over every wedding! :) )

Lara said...

That's okay, I've turned into a big girl with all this wedding malarkey, so you're not the only one!