Wednesday 5 May 2010

The First Week

The past week has gone by so fast, I can hardly believe it.

Chloe is a week old, and already she's changed. For the first few days we were muddling our way through caring for her, but now it seems we have her a little more figured out. That doesn't mean we have this down to a tea; far from it, but we're understanding a lot more, and she's getting less frustrated waiting for us to figure out what she wants.

I had a lot of trouble breastfeeding at the beginning, which made things a lot harder. She would be so angry, and I would be at a loss for how I could help her, but slowly slowly, we're getting there and things are going a little smoother. Hubby has been incredible, and for that I am so grateful. He's patient and he reminds me that she's only frustrated because she can't figure out how to feed, and not because of anything I'm doing wrong.

We've gone to town a few times, and when we get home without having come into any obstacles, I feel pretty proud. I never thought something so simple would give me such satisfaction!

This is baby Chloƫ at a week old:

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Congrats!! She is just precious! Soak it up.

Rachel said...

She's beautiful! :)

Ewa said...

You're both incredible parents already!