Thursday 7 October 2010

Weaning!

I'm afraid it'a a little long-winded, so forgive me if I don't go into the details, but we are officially weaning!

Baby Girl started life as a very average baby; 7lb 8oz at birth, and bang on the 5oth centile thereafter. Until recently. Over the past month or two she has been slipping centiles, and is currently on the 15th centile. Not too bad you may say, because many premature babies start off in the lower portion of the centile charts, but Baby Girl was previously very average, so for her to be slipping now is a bit of a concern.

She has also been going off her milk. I know; not exactly great timing.

The decision was therefore taken to put her onto a hypoallergenic formula, to see if she had a milk/soya allergy, or intolerance, or to check if she had a subtle form of colic, as she's been showing a few signs of pain when feeding.

We also took the decision, along with a dietician's advice, to wean her slightly early. I got very excited, spending ages in the kitchen cooking up a storm, and I have been feeding her pureed carrot and banana, as well as baby porridge. And she loves it! Here are a few of the best photos:







3 comments:

Suzanne said...

She's quite possible the cutest thing I have ever seen. Those eyes are to die for!!

Rachel said...

She's so beautiful! I'm sure she will start to gain a little bit more weight :)

Lara said...

Thanks ladies; I'm happy to report that she's doing well. She still hasn't got her appetite for her milk, but she has a good appetite for her solids, so I'm not worrying too much at the moment.