Friday 17 September 2010

National Day

Sometimes I worry that life has got away from me. When we were planning the wedding, I started writing a journal, so I could remember it for the rest of my life. When I got pregnant, I continued to write about my feelings, excitement etc, but with the morning sickness, it all went to pot on our honeymoon. Since then I've printed off all the online journals I had, and have been trying to add them to my real journal ever since.

I now have over a year to catch up on. And because I'm so behind, I've not been writing much recenlty, and now I get the feeling that I'm losing all of the precious memories of Baby Girl. She grows so quickly, and it's so easy to forget the "little things". I say little things because to the world, they are small, but to her, and to me, they are massive.

She laughs, and it lights up my day. She blows a raspberry, and I want to grab my camera. She sighs softly in her sleep and I want to squeeze her and never let her go. All these tiny things, I'm forgetting.

My conclusion: I need to blog more.

On another note; after my 2lb loss last week, I put on 3.5lb this week. I am beyond annoyed, because I'm now officially into new territory. I have never been this heavy, and I'm not impressed. So back on the diet I go...

Part of the reason for my gain is because we celebrated National Day last week. National Day normally comprises of a political rally (which I go to but don't listen to), followed by lunch with Hubby's family, and then whatever else you fancy. THis year Hubby was working, but finished at 4:30pm, so in the evening we went to his parents' house for a BBQ.

On this day, you also dress yourself in the national colours of red and white. I cannot tell you how much fun I had shopping for Baby Girl, and using National Day as an excuse. She had 7 outfit changes, just in case of a pooh, sick or dribble incident, and she actually went through 4 of them.










And just a few more to keep you filled in; these were taken a couple of days ago:



3 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

She's getting so big! I love her big 'ol eyes!

Rachel said...

YES! You MUST blog more! I miss your blogging!

And the little one looks ADORABLE! and is getting so big!

Lara said...

Thanks girls :) I must must MUST blog more often. I miss it, and I miss you all too. I make no promises, but I will definitely TRY to get here more