Thursday 9 September 2010

Round Up

Okay, okay; I didn't stick to my promise of blogging more regularly, but I'm still around. It's only a short one for now, because it's gone midnight and I should really be tucked up in bed. So time to give an all-round catch up...

I've had a lovely summer so far. I say so far, because here it's still summer. The days don't really turn autumnal until late October. Day-to-day it's another story; catch me in the street and I'll tell you I'm hotter than the sun; catch me in the morning and I'll tell you I'm more tired than I've ever been, but really? Really, I couldn't be happier.

The hot weather is beginning to ease off now, and while it's still in the high twenties and humid; it's bearable. I celebrated my 26th birthday this summer; I didn't do anything special, but I enjoyed time with Baby Girl, and she gave me plenty of smiles to keep me happy.

Speaking of Baby Girl, it's been such a whirlwind! She's almost 4 1/2 months old, and it literally feels like a few weeks. She's found her voice and squeals for hours on end, before she collapses and falls asleep. She also laughs; a really gorgeous filthy laugh that in turn, makes me laugh too. When she laughs, my heart fills up and I cannot describe how much love I have for this precious little thing. She's also learned to blow raspberries. When I first caught her trying, I was really excited for the day she would manage it, but now she has, I've realised that it just means I have to be evern quicker to wipe her face, because if I leave her, she ends up looking like a rabid dog!




She's got fantastic head control now, and I'm just waiting for her to perfect sitting up unaided. She sits on my knee for ages - I think she likes waching TV - oops. And this morning she rolled from her back to her front for the first time. I'm so proud of her.

Hubby is enjoying his job, which makes me happy. When he gets home I ask about his day, with the hope that he will be able to entertain me with crazy things that have happened. And as for me, there's not much to tell. I'm gradually feeling more at home in Hubby's Homeland, but obviously it will never be the same as Homeland # 1.

Some of you may recall that in the run-up to my wedding, I was on Weight Watchiers, and I would post about my progress here. Well, I'm happy (but also kinda not happy) to announce that I'm officially back on the wagon. I started last Wednesday (1st September), so I've been going for a week already. There aren't any meetings here though, so I'm doing it with a friend here, who had a baby three weeks after Baby Girl was born. The good news is that I lost 2lbs! I celebrated by having a scone with cream and jam for breakfast. Well earned I think...

You can follow the rest of my weight loss progress here, or my clicking on the "Lara's Weight Loss" icon to the side of my blog posts.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

She's beautiful and I'm so happy to hear you are so happy being a mother :)