Thursday 21 April 2011

Back Home

We're back home. I never thought I could call Hubby's Homeland "home" after only having lived here for a year, alas it has happened. I never ever thought I would love it more than I love my own country. I'm patriotic and I love my country, but the way of life here is so much easier; so laid back and... nice.

Anyway, we're settled again (although my suitcase doesn't seem to think so; it's been sitting in the bathroom doorway for the past 2 weeks awaiting an unpacking). The day after we returned, we had to baby proof the house, since Baby C is so mobile. When we were away, she started crawling and hanging onto things when put against them. She also started using a walker, and became pretty good at walking with help from adults.

Now though, she doesn't stop. She pulls herself up on things, makes her way around the room with them and is reaching every nook and cranny; our things are not safe! It's only a matter of time before she's walking unaided. I'm so proud of her!

Next week will be her first birthday. I know, it doesn't feel like it should be; where did the time go? I've been planning her birthday, and actually getting quite excited about the big day. We've invited our friends and family to the beach for the afternoon, and we've bought everything we need to make her birthday cake etc. Now we just need the horrible weather to clear up...

No comments: