Wednesday 23 December 2009

Our Lazy Baby

I had my 21 week scan on Monday, and we were so excited to be able to see the baby again. Since we had agreed not to find out the sex, we didn't ask (even though I wanted to).

The sonographer took measurements of the baby's bones etc, but because he/she was lying face down, she couldn't get to the heart or face to check them. She ended up jabbing my belly a fair bit, but the baby didn't respond - lazy baby!

In the end I had to get up, jump up and down and shake my belly, poor thing. But it worked. When I lay back on the table the baby was wriggling around, head up. She looked at the heart and the face, and all looks well. The baby is measuring well for 21 weeks; no "whopper" baby for me! The baby even yawned a few minutes later; a result of all the poking I'm thinking... I realise that this might not be big news for you, but at the moment, everything the baby does is beyond amazing to me.

They're only supposed to give us three photos in total, and she gave us three identical photos of the profile, but accidentally slipped the others in my notes so I took them home. I think they're supposed to keep them for their files. Oops. I've taken advantage and scanned them all, and will let my midwife know I have them when I see her in January. But for now...

Baby's Profile:

Baby's Hand:

Baby's Foot:

Annoyingly, as Hubby was driving me back to work, he said "I want to know the sex". I could have killed him at that moment, because I've been telling him for weeks that I want to know, but he always said he didn't, and so we didn't ask. Now we have to wait until the birth, which is still okay, but I'm not the most patient of people.

He did say that he now thinks it's a girl, because he "didn't see nuts or a willy". I replied saying she didn't go down there during the scan, and he said she did. He said that means we have to find a "really good girl's name"... haven't we been trying to do that all along?

We'll see; perhaps Hubby is right about it being a girl...

No comments: