Sunday 20 December 2009

Gone Too Soon

Too many celebrities are passing before their time. First there was Brad Renfro, then less than a week later it was Heath Ledger, and now it's Brittany Murphy.

Brittany was one of my favourite actresses, and I was truly saddened when I heard of her death this evening. The death of Michael Jackson was sad, and unexpected, but he had lived a decent life. At 32 you don't expect your life to be so dramatically cut short.

I loved the films she was in, from Clueless to Just Married. She was quirky, funny, beautiful and talented. And I don't just mean her acting abilites, but her voice too. She hadn't even accomplished all she could have. I don't often quote celebrities, but in the words of Ashton Kutcher, the world has lost "a little piece of sunshine."

No comments: